"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" -Coco Chanel





Tuesday 23 March 2010

Simple, thought provoking music - Laura Marling

Representing for UK music, more of a folk sound than Florence, but I think the similarity to Florence first attracted me to her. Soft, airy yet strong voice with a really cool relaxed sound that could capture you into a dream-like state on a Summer's afternoon. I loved the haunting sound of her voice, particularly in a song 'Night Terror'  taken from the 'My Manic & I' EP (definately worth a listen!!). Her much more publicised new album "I speak because I can" sounds less Florence-esque, more mature and I guess she's 'grown into' her voice a little more. "Devil's Spoke" is the new song off the album -  you can imagine being in a country barn dance or at a remote festival, lol, v.catchy. However you guys can Youtube that song, here's the haunting 'Night Terror'.



No comments:

Post a Comment