"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" -Coco Chanel





Monday 5 September 2011

Lady Gaga releases fashion films for "You and I"

If you are a regular reader of my blog you will have noticed a short piece I wrote recently on a favourite photography duo of mine - Ines Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin (see 'Loving your work). Within the piece there is an example of the shoot they did for V Magazine's Asian issue in May this year with Lady Gaga, and now following on from that  they have collaborated with her to product five short fashion films for Gaga's new single "You and I".
Gaga has teamed-up with her stylist Nicola Formichetti to produce a minimalistic performance of plain and simple dresses and neutral make-up (a far cry from Gaga's usual dressing-up box and notably the music video "You and I"). In the series of black and white clips shot by the photography duo, Gaga is seen prancing, pirouetting and posing in a dream-like state to the "You and I" song.
Whilst I look forward to seeing the next 4 videos and wonder whether they will be fantastical, outrageous or carry on the simplistic theme,  see below for the first video; what do you think?



Lady Gaga's "You and I" music video for your reference...

No comments:

Post a Comment